IVF Packages: Two Fresh + Unlimited Frozen Cycles
We offer another discounted option for IVF which includes a package of 2 fresh IVF cycles + unlimited frozen-thawed embryo transfer cycles based on the number of embryos you have frozen after a fresh cycle. When you choose the “2 Fresh + Unlimited Frozen Cycles IVF Package” (the Program) we discount the cost of these treatment cycles by approximately 1/3 compared to what you would pay if you purchased them separately (and completed at least 2 fresh IVF and 2 frozen-thawed embryo transfer cycles). Our goal is to provide treatments as affordable as possible.
This Program is designed for patients whose doctor recommends IVF treatment using their own eggs and who do not have insurance coverage and are not eligible for our IVF Success or Refund Program. Anyone meeting these 3 criteria is eligible for the 2 Fresh + Unlimited Frozen Cycles IVF Package program regardless of age.
Of course, we cannot guarantee you will have a baby or have extra embryo(s) for cryopreservation after each fresh IVF attempt. Ability to cryopreserve embryos depends upon how many eggs fertilize and, when extra embryo(s) are present after a fresh embryo transfer, whether the extra embryo(s) are able to grow to reach a stage appropriate for cryopreservation (vitrification). About 40-50% of our couples have embryos cryopreserved after each fresh IVF attempt.
How do the costs of the Program compare to merely paying for each fresh and frozen treatment cycle separately?
- The cost of the 2 Fresh + Unlimited Frozen IVF Cycles Package is $15,000.
- If intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) is required for egg fertilization the cost of the Program is $17,000.
This compares to the regular cost of 2 Fresh IVF attempts($8,600x2) + 2 embryo cryopreservation events ($695x2) + 2 Frozen-Thawed Embryo Transfers (FET’s- $2500x2) = $23,590, or if ICSI needed it is $27,090.
So, you save about 1/3 of the cost = up to $8,000 to $9,500 off normal prices if you have at least 2 Fresh IVF attempts and 2 frozen-thawed embryo transfers. You will save even more if you have additional frozen-thawed embryo transfers.
- Stimulation visits (ultrasound and blood testing) for monitoring
- Physician fees for monitoring visits, egg retrieval, and embryo transfer
- IVF Lab fees for egg culture, fertilization, and embryo transfer
- Embryo cryopreservation by vitrification
- Embryo cryostorage ($150 quarterly)
- Medications (approximately $2500-$4500 for a fresh cycle and $500-$600 for a frozen cycle) purchased through a mail-order specialty pharmacy
- Anesthesia fee for the IVF egg retrievals($550 per retrieval)
- Assisted hatching, when applicable ($550)
- Pre-IVF tests (screening to get you ready for starting IVF- often covered by your insurance company if you have coverage for diagnostic testing)
- Procedures to obtain sperm for the male partner or donor sperm
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (genetic testing of the embryos)
- Pregnancy or complications of IVF, but in almost all cases these services would be covered by your healthcare insurance company
This Program does not offer a refund if the treatments offered within the Program are not successful. If a pregnancy occurs and a baby comes home early in the Program it is possible you will have paid more to participate in the Program than if you chose to pay each treatment cycle individually. This is a pre-paid package so there is no option for self-withdrawal after the first egg retrieval is completed. This program minimizes the patient’s financial risk by fixing the cost of treatment and offering more than one chance at a successful pregnancy for a significantly discounted rate. A contract will be signed prior to entry into this program.
Please contact us to get started with IVF at our center or to answer any questions you may have:
Many of the expenses incurred in this treatment may be tax deductible and information is available in IRS Publication 17 – “Your Federal Income Tax” and IRS Publication 502 “Medical and Dental Expenses”. Certain medical expenses may be deducted if you itemize on Schedule A (Form 1040). Deductions which apply to IVF are:
- Fees for fertility enhancement (procedures such as in vitro fertilization, including temporary storage of eggs and sperm)
- Fees for doctors and surgeons (sonograms, egg retrieval, anesthesia)
- Fees for hospital services, laboratory, surgical, obstetrical, nursing and x-ray services (blood tests, sperm evaluation)
- Cost of transportation for needed medical care (air fare, mileage -24 cents/mile for 2006-or out of pocket expenses –cost of gas, oil- not including general maintenance expenses)
- Medical and hospital insurance premiums
- Prescribed medicine (all IVF drugs)
- Lodging necessary for medical treatment ($50/night per person – limited to two people – the person receiving treatment and a companion)